If you’re lucky enough to have a roof deck, you should seriously consider covering it with Arizona artificial grass. It combines the relaxing lawn experience with gorgeous Arizona views that only an elevated area can offer. As with any investment, it’s important to understand what makes it a good choice first.
Why install artificial grass on your rooftop deck?
- Create a welcoming and beautiful outdoor living space, especially if you don’t have a backyard for a synthetic lawn
- Install sports lawns or putting greens
- Design a private play area for children and pets
- Establish a pet dog park and/or restroom
- To lay down an artificial grass base for a rooftop lawn or garden
Why Artificial Grass is a Great Option for Rooftop Decks
Let’s get one thing out of the way— it’s not a wise idea to use natural grass on a roof deck.
First, its soil system is too heavy for most roof structures. Next, real grass is hard to maintain whether you’re caring for it at ground level or several floors up. Finally, natural grass tends to attract insects, creates mud and is generally too much of a hassle to use on rooftops.
In contrast, synthetic grass is the total opposite:
1. Install it anywhere you want on the roof. Literally.
Installers can fit an artificial grass base on most solid surfaces, including wood decking, composite decking, concrete and other common roof deck materials. You don’t have to restrict it to ground-level, either. It’s fantastic for decorative “live” walls, going around railings, going up stairs and more. Get creative with it!
2. Harsh weather conditions don’t matter to synthetic turf.
Roof deck surfaces have 247/ exposure to the sun and all types of weather. Therefore, it takes a special kind of material to withstand those conditions.
Synthetic grass is designed specifically for outdoor use. In fact, the very first turf was invented for open-air stadiums. Since then, modern artificial turf has come a long way. Use artificial grass on your roof deck and it will stay vibrant, green and functional for years through snow, sun and rain.
3. Artificial turf offers great insulation and helps you save money.
High quality artificial turf installation in Phoenix AZ is an effective insulator. For instance, it can help protect indoor rooms and attics from extreme heat. As a result, this helps keep the rest of your home cool. During winter, on the other hand, those same insulating properties will help you conserve heat. Therefore, you don’t have to spend as much on your energy bills.
4. Relax on your lush and green roof deck without worrying about upkeep.
Right after artificial grass installation in Phoenix, you’ll be surprised at how little it takes to keep in perfect shape. Rinse it, brush it as needed (though it takes a lot to get it matted!) and pick up trash. Additionally, keep it away from a few damaging items. That’s it! Best of all, that low-maintenance benefit lasts for a long time— at least 8 years and even up to 15+ years in some cases!
Maximize Your Outdoor Areas with Arizona Artificial Grass!
Aside from being ideal for roof decks, synthetic turf comes with a lot more benefits:
- Safe for kids and pets
- Durable and can withstand the weight of outdoor furniture, décor and constant foot traffic
- Does not need chemical and potentially poisonous treatments
- Looks as real as natural grass
- And more